Wednesday 13 June 2012

6th Birthday Party

This weekend We had my Oldest daughters 6th birthday party. In the past we have just rented a bouncer and called it a day. This year I was having trouble booking one so I decided to do a Carnival theme instead. So I brainstormed up a list of midway games for the kids to play set to work seeing which ones I could actually make. I decided on a ring toss, knock em down, balloon pop and plinko(not really a midway game but super fun and my husband was on board to build it.) It seemed to go over really well even though it rained the whole party I still had kids out their playing games in the rain. I got the kids to collect tickets like at Chuck E. Cheese and the kids with the most tickets at the end got to pick the first prize.

This is the ring toss booth, I started with a cardboard box and then glued clear beer bottles to the box with  a glue gun. Then I made some point values on labels and stuck them on the neck of the bottle. I just bought a few cheap ring toss games and the dollarama and used the rings from that. I spaced the bottles out so it would be a bit easier for the kids to do.


Up next is the Knock Em Down game my husband got me same empty never used smaller paint can and we set them on a chuck of 2 x 4 and let the kids throw balls at them. I should have a taken a picture of the cans after they are so dented and beat up now.

Here is the birthday girl posing with the games before her friends get here.

The booths my husband made for me with some left over materials, the signs are made from a piece of coraplast, and then I could not resist making a quick pennants to so under the sign.

The balloon pop board was really easy the hardest part was blowing up 100 balloons. I started by make prize amount and sticking them in the balloon and blowing them up. Then we used a staple-gun and staples them to a piece of plywood. We then gave the kids a tacks(I thought the throwing darts would end with someone losing a eye). When it was their turn we would give them the tack a let them pop a balloon.


I have a few pictures of the Plinko board in progress that I will post later. My husband did all of the work on this one, but I did the painting of it. I with post more about it later.

Last but not least it the cake it made for her. It's not my favourite cake but any means lets just say the that making a tent shape is not easy and I threw out at least one before I got to the finished product. My daughter loved it and that is the most important part.


Have a Great Day!

Jess





Dragonfly Designs







”Johnny

3 comments:

  1. What fun ideas. I love the thought of having a carnival, and your brought in great games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it worked out great and the kids had lots of fun even though it rained.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up to Pretty Things Thursday! I can’t wait to see what you share next week!

    Natalie from Johnny In A Dress!

    ReplyDelete